Friday 20 April 2012

Staying Alive

Watssup world. So, I'll be talking about how my week in college went.

English Presentation.
It's college and you were expected to act like one that is "smart". In fact, everybody has a different interpretation regarding the word. I could be sarcastic, or I would really mean it which could still be distinguished through the degree of "smartness". This is the 2nd time I'm talking to public this year, which I find not really a tough one...individually. See, synergy is an crucial element that sprouts from an effective team. Our group's presentation was straight-forward and simple, rather than "let's play a guessing game and the winner gets free chocolate!!!!",  I would say which what the lecturer disagree. In all respect, different groups have their own distinctive way in doing their presentation. 

When it was my turn, I thought of something 'special' which I presented via the Powerpoint and also, the whiteboard. You see, when presenting a point, (I think) people should be able to give elaborations and descriptions and go in depth, and not just narrating the statistics projected on the screen. I was presenting on the "environment survey findings" slide when I wrote "Enviroment = People + Ambience + Facilities" on the board. I know I stuttered my speech, but at least (I hope and I believe) the audience understand my point. 

Presenting the findings with Edmund and Boon Yoke. 
Photo courtesy of Chang Pui Ling 

The lecturer didn't comment on our presentation in front of the class, and asked us to see her afterwards. I find it obscure. If there is something that you would like to comment, what's the problem voicing up and let the whole class learn something they may find helpful? The comment on me was that my presentation was out of topic and why did I wrote on the board. Well, if you could just twist a little perception of yours...

1) Presenting could be in any form. It was NOT stated that I MUST use the projector during my presentation ONLY. Hence, I am eligible to use whatever relevant resources that may find helpful in my presentation. In this case, I have the right to utilise the whiteboard. 

Coming out with something new....or not.
Photo courtesy of Chang Pui Ling

2) Something wrong with my equation? "Environment = People + Ambience + Facilities" did not just explain that there are 3 factors contributing in the changes of the environment (how they manipulate the environment), therefore identifying the effects which at last, leading to recommendations and solutions. So, through this simple equation that I just made up (basically not from books), I think I managed to link other aspects. I don't see anything that is irrelevant till the extend of being labelled "out of topic" as everything is still in compliance with the theme : Satisfactory Level on the Student Centre.

3) You rated the "funniest" as the best presentation. I don't doubt, because I had a great time, too. But, as far I'm concerned, we were required to dress up formally, which I see it as a ain't-no-play-time presentation. Fairly, we were straightforward and serious. No offense. 

I have no intention on giving negative impact to whosoever related, nor I mean to back stab any parties or individuals. This is merely a piece of my mind that I would not like to waste time arguing because of some petty assessment. 
I found this interesting.
Progress Test 1 
I've been in this CFAB thingy for like just 3 weeks and there is already a test to scare away little children like me. Accounting, is something that I don't really comprehend (in such short time). I never had the fundamentals or basics of accounting, as I was a Science student, though I have to admit that the starting part is quite rough. But, slowly, as time goes on, things get stable and I will eventually understand. The problem is I have no time. 2 subjects (accounts and business finance) are enough to kill me. So, I asked mum for help and mum got pretty anxious when she heard me saying "I dun wanna attend accounting lecture tomorrow because I dun understand what the teacher is talking about." Mum taught me accounting, by all means, including waking up at 5 to study. I think I get a small grasp of the whole accounting picture...say 0.1%? I know there are still lots of improvements to be made in me. 

I woke up at 4 this morning to study Business Finance as I spent yesterday night revising accounts (again). And I got really nervous in the car, college, computer lab (oh...did I mention that our exams are computer-based?). Gosh...they are real butterflies...or it was like I heart is in my stomach. And, I passed the exam. 

Accounting was still ok, (some are tough) to me. But my marks (77.5%) were higher than business (72%). 
Praise Lord...I passed. 

Mum is relieved, I'm happy. But that doesn't mean I don't have to study. In fact, it's the opposite that I should be doing.

What no one tells you is that they're the most important for now. UPSR. PMR. SPM. IB. They're all the most important until the next one comes along.                                                                         ~jasryn.blogpsot.com

In 3 weeks time, I'll be sitting for Progress Test 2. Gosh, my college life could be made into an Oscar-winning horror film.

CFAB / ICAEW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bored? Gimme another chance...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...