Wednesday 26 June 2013

PwC assessment & interview

Lemme get into the point straight. 
I went for an assessment in PriceWaterhouseCoopers as part of the requirement of my course structure. We were tested on numerical reasoning and English. And...wow...I'm juz gonna be frank here...(afterall integrity is one of the ethical values being upheld)...I wished I did better. 

Numerical reasoning requires quick processing on data and accuracy on calculations. And, things get tougher when "no answer" becomes one of the answers. 

I had not much of a problem in English, I guess. 1 grammar-correction part and 3 essays in about 1.5 hours. Essay questions were something like "why do you wanna become an accountant?", a clarification letter and a decision making question. 

On the 25th, I attended the interview. Woke up at 2 in the morning juz to prepare (I had a NLP course in the afternoon and I was kinda sick when I came home due to the haze) for the interview...ya' know...the typical stuffs: strengths, weakness and "tell me something about yourself". Then I went back to sleep at 5 and had a tough time waking up at 0630. Mum dropped me at the KTM station and I arrived at KL Central and decided to have coffee. Mc Donald's was pretty crowded (as it always been) so I switched to Burger King. And I'm glad it was a wise choice indeed. lol. But, waiting for my coffee was taking like eternity (seriously), which I think explains why not many eat there...because they're sloooooooow... Still, they serve nice food. 

For one hour I spend in BK talking to myself. I know...those weird stares thinking "ohh...this poor crazy child in a smart suit is seriously crazy."


I saw my classmate who was in the same interview slot as I am...and yea...she ignored me. It's as if I'm really invisible or something. But, to not ruin her day, I just kept silent as we walked into the office. 

"Because you're applying the job which is of long-term prospect, you'll be interviewed according to the standard of an associate applicant"
"ok~"

The head of recruit of PwC entered the room which I was seated and we talked. Questions asked were based on the contents of the resume. It'd be like "What did you do in the ____?" and "What do you think about ____?" and "What did you learn from ____?" and "You mentioned about _____, what do you mean?" and "What are the challenges faced?" and "How did you overcome the problem?" etc. 

As a result, I was talking about rice production, geographical stuffs, people relationships, the haze, youth and all sorts of weird stuffs. The questions were asked in a very sharp manner and sometimes I had trouble answering them. But, I wasn't as nervous as I expected to be, cuz I tend to be much more nervous in front of HER...so...no biggy here. 

I answered the questions emphasizing on 'challenges', 'growth' and 'confidence in business'. 

And, I finished my interview in 30 minutes time, rather than the supposed-to-be-45-minute interview. I wonder if it's a bad thing. 

Well, what done is done. And, I had Starbucks. And, I hope I could get the job.
P/S: I'm sorry. Many things (actually just one) is eating off my soul and my thinking capacity. I've been acting in stupid ways and awkward ways. But, that's juz a part of me that I've to deal with...alone. It's like I'm living my life based on someone else and I know it's unhealthy, but I can't help it. I'll talk about it soon...when things get better (I hope). 







I shall update on the NLP course soon. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Bored? Gimme another chance...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...