Thursday 20 October 2011

Guitar sore

Practicing a song for tomorrow's prefectorial board annual dinner, called Lonely by 2NE1 (pronounced as Two AN E (any)one).

Problem that arose?
1) It's in Korean! except for a few words like "lonely"....good news is that they have an English version. Or else, I would have difficulties swaying into the rhythm.

English version of "lonely"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zagzBBocQjo

The super talented Sungha Jung (capo 4) version:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlvD50_ExGM&feature=related

Guitar tabs I'm using"
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_unsigned_bands/2ne1_-_lonely_tab.htm

Technique of plucking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-KcNm4_Gbo&feature=related

The awesome 2NE1 studio version :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-6FcR9aJs0&feature=related

2) Rhythm. Totally messed up everything until Youtube came to the rescue. Now, I've identified the rhythm, and here comes the tough part: playing with the music! To me, the songs pretty fast and it would take about one week to master this song flawlessly (the performance's tomorrow!). I've been practicing till my fingertips managed to scratch out some paint from the guitar fret board. (Oh! I haven't tell you that I'm playing guitar! Ooops...)

3) Wrong capo (guitar clips)...shhhh! Quiet! My dad still doesn't know that I accidentally bought a acoustic guitar capo, as I'm playing classical. Acoustic's pretty cool, too! So, you might be wondering what's the difference between both types of guitar capo. If you notice, there are distinct characteristics between guitars. The classical is the special one that has 12 frets, 3 nylon strings and 3 metal coiled strings which sound produced is tougher and louder, has a flat and larger fret board. While the acoustic has around 14 frets, all metal strings that produces soft sound, has a circular and thinner fret board. So, since both have different shapes and sizes of fret boards, the types of capo used is pretty a big deal. The implications: the strings are not clamped tightly enough, which gives the awful, irritating "clumsy vibration" voice.

P/S: well, I was pretty lucky that I bought the acoustic capo. I broke Noel's capo, right? (Gosh, I've been posting this all time!) and so, it fits her guitar. glad to see that she got an electric guitar. 

4) Old guitar, old strings. The last time I had my guitar strings changed was around last year October! It's kinda rusty and the sound is not so "crispy" anymore. I recommend Stagg strings, by the way!

I guess that's all. This is my second last post before SPM. I'll update you with Deepavali and the Annual Dinner soon.

2nd trial exam's finally over! I myself is surprised how many questions that I CAN'T answer....

It's not just having looks, but the talent counts, too! XDXD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bored? Gimme another chance...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...