Sunday 23 October 2011

Prefectorial Board Annual Dinner '11

Well....let me tell you 'bout how last year's went.
Well, last year I was in charge of the venue and of course, with plenty guidance and help from Pn. Parames & Ong Ting Meau. Last year's place was The MINES Wellness Hotel. And, there's an interesting incident: For the lucky draw session, the all 3 people joining me on the table got chosen, (Dasral & Abd. Farid) while later I went to another table and another 2 got chosen, on my left was Suganth while on my right was Yee Chor Jhun, and the same thing happened!

And...for this year...
Some got lucky when sitting with me either. I told my friend, Kwan Hau that he'll get one, he didn't believe me, of course... But, his mind totally changed when he got a hamper during the lucky draw session. I guess I'm pretty good in spreading luck, or at least knowing who is lucky around me...

Let me start from the beginning...
It was raining that evening and I was still in my house, half dressed for the dinner, while I forgot to take in the dried clothes, forgot to close the back door and not latching the windows (I just closed them). The implications? I got wet while taking in the clothes, had to close the windows twice as the wind was so strong till they blew the windows open again, and ended up moping the flooded kitchen. And again, my dad and I got stuck on the way to the dinner. It was pretty stressful, listening to my dad's scolding and cursing. Finally, I made it to the Palace of the Golden Horses for the dinner.

Though I thought I was late, yet I turned out to be the 3rd earliest Form 5 in the dinner. I changed into my formal dress only when I arrived, pretty weird huh? Then, one by one...everybody came.

It started with the speech from the Head Prefect 11/12, Hew Chun Fei , followed by the Principal, Mr. Tay Keng Lee PPN,  and the "Vice Chairman" of the Parents & Teachers Ass., Mr. Lee Tak San. Then, everybody had their dinner, left with me worrying 'bout the performance. I didn't prepare well.

We all enjoyed the slideshow on our school lives throughout the 5 years. Thanks, Joy!


 
The Black Roses (Noel Ng, the Joy sisters (Joylene & Joyanne) and Loke Zheng Guo) was totally awesome. They performed "Count On Me" & "Price Tag". Then, it was Joanne's and my turn. While playing the guitar, the microphone was a little faulty and I used Noel's guitar, instead. And here comes the most unexpected thing: I broke the guitar capo, HER guitar capo! Then, my performance went shitty enough. (let's skip this part) Sorry, Noel. Thanks, Joanne.

I got chosen for "Prince and Cinderella", but got disqualified just after the 1st round. Thanks, Jhana!



I had my dinner. The dinner was supposed to be scrumptious enough, yet I followed my friend's advice to opt for the salad and veggie. I was pretty sure that my fork and spoon were placed correctly upon leaving the table, to help my friend find the W.C. After the trip to the toilet, we ended up loitering in a Japanese rest. and I chatted with the chef there. He has been working there for 9.5 years, the restaurant's been operating for 14 years, they serve buffet, with a variety of 200 dishes, operating from 1030-1430 and 1830 to 2230. I forgot to ask for his name, so I googled him. Thanks, Chef Khair, you're really friendly!

  

OK, it may be a little out from the main agenda. 
(This is my first time starting a conversation with a "stranger")

In the meantime, I missed out the performance by Prince Charming and Cinderella. But we hugged each other when the Black Roses played Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vit. C. Simply touching! 
Thanks, Noel. 

Confession: Noel, I'm terribly sorry for your capo. I got a new one for you, but this one is really different. I didn't managed to find the exact one. Hoped you like it, although it's made from plastic. But, I have absolute confidence about the quality. All the best in everything, and I really mean it. You're............




Came across this song:


This marks the last post, 
will be back after SPM. 



The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. 
                                                                           ~Edward Thomas

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, 
                                               there can be no more hurt, only more love."
                                                                                                                      ~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bored? Gimme another chance...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...