Wednesday 30 November 2011

The Knot

Finally, I received the notification for which camp am I posted to for National Service (PLKN).
If you're part of the "crew", yet not knowing which camp you're in, kindly refer on:
and after keying in your IC num., you'll get something like this:
(this is what I got)

KUMPULAN :1 
PUSAT BERKUMPUL :PERHENTIAN BAS KAJANG, JLN REKO, KAJANG 
NEGERI PUSAT BERKUMPUL SELANGOR 
NAMA KEM :KEM PLKN TITIAN BINTAGOR, REMBAU, NEGERI SEMBILAN
ALAMAT KEM :KG BINTAGOR 
POSKOD KEM :71150
BANDAR KEM :REMBAU 
NEGERI KEM :NEGERI SEMBILAN 
TARIKH LAPOR :01-JAN-2012 
MASA LAPOR :9:30 PAGI 

Mum got shocked that I am in NS, and is squeezzing every sort of ways on skipping or postponing PLKN.
But to me, I'm lucky enough to be in the first badge, which starts as early as New Year and ends by April? 
By that time, I'll be getting my SPM results and then further my studies....and here comes a knot....

So far....my parents and I agreed on me doing Law. I can't figure out any other suitable courses and jobs...
Mum declined Journalism for me, and Dad is quite stingy nowadays. Dad emphasizes that GCE A-Levels is very expensive, takes a very long time, furthering my Degree in Law (LLB) costs about 1Million, not finding a good job, gets very low pay, failing exams, thinking that Cambridge A-levels will lead to no other universities but Cambridge because of the name, criticizing why I have to choose my courses now, hoping that I'll further my studies in local Universities, bashing those colleges and universities providing A-levels, comparing his times and nowadays education system etc...etc...etc...

Basically, Dad is keeping all his money to himself and have no sign of funding me in college, or whatever I've chosen. Money is not everything, but can we at least sit down and discuss about this matter? It's your son's future that you're playing with now after so many times of avoiding this conversation. The reason why I prefer International Uni more than Local Uni is because they make international and national people, while Local U graduates are more likely to be bounded in their country. 

I've been Googling for A level courses, and yes, it is pretty expensive....around RM15,000 to 20,000 for most universities and colleges. However, if you're the Rich type, you might consider Taylor's (around 28k).

People like me opt for something suitable....like 
1) Sunway University : price not stated (around 20k)
2) Methodist KL : RM11,700 to 13,500 
3) Brickfields Asia : RM10,500 to 15,000
4) HELP : RM21,000 to 25,000 
5) TAR : RM<10,000 (according to internet forums)
6) St. John : RM11,000 to 13,600

Well...there you go...life is full of choices...
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Bored? Gimme another chance...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...